Tuesday, November 07, 2006

we begin at the begininng. ish.

I had a blog, once.

It was mostly for my friend E, and much of it revolved around the Boy--who was very normal, and very nice. (Of course: Normal + Nice = we lived on different planets.) The blog was generally filled with woeful tales of strange and hilarious conflicts between me and the Boy I loved but just didn’t... get.

Life at that time revolved around the Boy. So, when I broke up with the Boy, I sort of broke up with my blog, as well. It just didn't seem to fit anymore. The story I had been telling there had ended. And so I stopped writing.

E would still check it from time to time, hopeful. But there was nothing new to say there. The story had been told, the blog was... over.

And life went on.

--

I am twenty-seven now, a free-lance environmental policy mini-wonk living in Southern California. I spend about equal parts of my daylight hours surfing waves, surfing the web, and napping. On more productive days, I also actually do work.

I sometimes do work in a cubicle, and I live on a boat.

I share my life with my sweetheart P, and his five-year-old daughter, Bird. Me, Birdie, and P--we live mostly in the moment. Sometimes we do it well, and sometimes... we don't. We prefer beach to desert, and often marvel over the shapes of shells and stones. We are very bad at having houseplants.

My family also lives in the area. They are many, and they often make me want to jam my fingers in my eye-sockets. But they are also the ones who will take care of me when my eyeballs get infected and I go blind from all the eye-socket finger jamming. I love them with all my heart.

I also love libraries, the Colbert Report and scrabble. I am partial to small movies, big books, and beef jerky. I actively avoid Sodoku, cold weather, and taking vitamins. I have a long-standing crush on this guy, and my favorite color is green.

So you know: this blog is not about anything, in particular. There is no story or rationale. I will blog... because the internet says I can!


1 Comments:

Blogger m said...

I know! He's actually leaving next month, transferring to a university! Baby craig is all grown up!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home