Sunday, November 26, 2006

bull haircut.

Birdie and I are listening to a piece on NPR about a boy and his grandfather, a barber.

"What's a bowl hair cut?" Birdie asks.
"It's where someone puts a bowl over your head and cuts all the hair below the bowl."
"And what does THAT look like?" She seems a little incredulous.
"It looks kind of like you have a bowl over your head, only made of hair."

She looks at me skeptically. I think to myself that it does sound a little ridiculous.

"What KIND of bowl?"
"Just a bowl. Any bowl, I guess."

She turns back to her coloring for a few minutes. She sighs, tapping her forehead.

"But, like any BULL? With horns?"

And suddenly the whole conversation feels uncannily like a lot of the phone conferences I've been on lately.





Me and my brother at my grandfather's cabin, and the closest I've ever been to a bull haircut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home